Monday, November 1, 2010

NaNoWriMo is a Go!

Well, today marks a very special day. It's NaNoWriMo—National Novel Writing Month! And this year, I have decided to participate, thanks to the influence of one my writing buddies (and you know who you are!). For any of you who don’t know what NaNoWriMo is all about, I’ll explain. Those who sign up begin writing like crazy starting on November 1. The goal is to write a 175-page (50,000-word) novel by midnight, November 30. I hear many of you saying, “Yeah, right!” I’d like to just add here that it’s all about quantity not quality. What do you expect in 30 days?! Quality is reserved for December and January and February and so on.

So, in honor of NaNoWriMo, I’ve decided to keep you all updated on my progress. At the end of each week, I will post a note on how things are going. As of now, I’ve got two words to my name! Good start, right? I’m very excited. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds SO much fun~!!! I think maybe I'll try it too!

Regina said...

Good luck. I am not participating but I will cheer you on.

Louie Magooey said...

Hi Lizz.........

I so know you can do this!!! My mom has been reading me your stories for a long time.I will eagerly await your updates