Saturday, October 23, 2010

Something About Mary

At this time, I’d like to take the opportunity to remind you of my immense fondness for nursery rhymes…..NOT! Okay, so you all know how I feel about nursery rhymes from previous posts. Fine. But in all fairness, I thought I’d conduct a little interview with one of my faves—Mary.

It took me quite some time to not only find Mary, but to get her to agree to an interview. Hence my absence. I sent letters, made phone calls, sent numerous e-mails, and finally, I guess it was my endless text messaging that got her to agree.

We met at a local Starbucks in her own hometown of Liverwurshten, and after a few cups of Cinnamon Dolce Crème Frappuccino Blended beverages I was able to squeeze out a short, but sweet, interview. And it went something like this…

Lizz: So Mary... It is okay if I call you Mary, right?

Mary: No, that's the dolt with the lamb. You can call me Mary Mary.

Lizz: Okay, sorry about that. Is Mary Mary your full name? Or is it more like your first and middle names? Or better yet, maybe you have two first names. Wait, I’m confused.

Mary Mary: It’s just Mary Mary.

Lizz: Okay… Moving on. So, there are numerous rumors floating around that you tend to be quite contrary. Is there any truth to that?

Mary Mary: No.

Lizz: I know there are many people out there wondering, as I am, what the hell silver bells and cockle shells have to do with gardening. Any thoughts on that?

Mary Mary: Bah!

Lizz: Well, that pretty much cleared that up. Another thing that might be on the minds of many are exactly, how many pretty maids DO you have and why pray tell are they all in a row?

Mary Mary: I don’t understand a word you’re saying.

Lizz: Um. Okay, so I’ve saved my last and final question for the end. And it’s a doozy… Mary Mary, quite contrary, how DOES your garden grow?

Mary Mary: With seeds, you idiot!

Lizz: Okay, well, that sums up my interview. You’ve been extremely helpful and enlightening. Thank you so much for the lovely chat and I hope you have a most lovely day.

Mary Mary: Push off.

And there you have it folks!

6 comments:

Louie Magooey said...

Geez......Mary Mary, lighten up!!! Maybe you should be growing some different stuff in that garden of yours

shelly said...

At least you didn't have to interview Old Mother Hubbard and had to put up with swarms of children. Or, sit in a stinky shoe wondering what you could do.

You made me smile.

Shelly

Anonymous said...

I think shelly might be on to something. Maybe you could interview Old Mother Hubbard next. Make a series of it. I'd love to see an interview with Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater. What a jerk!

Anonymous said...

LMAO~!!! Thank god for THAT interview! That one confused me for YEARS! What the hell are cockle shells anyway??? Sounds like some weird disease, like Shingles.

PK HREZO said...

LOL! I love it! Very clever. I hoppedover from T. Romel's blog post today.

Nice to meet you. )

Intangible Hearts said...

Adorable post. Mother Goose was one of my favorite inspirations as a child...I guess everyone grows up.